Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Publication Drought is OVER!!!!!!

So, it has been about three months...and yes, I realize that it is completely my fault.
I would however like to point out that these last three months have been incredibly busy and have thus given me a slight excuse for my lack of publications.
Now, on this lovely Sunday afternoon I have found a few spare hours and it seems only appropriate I attempt to catch everyone up on the last three months.  Here we go...

Roughly six weeks ago the serving YAGMs were sent an email from the Program Director of YAGM, Heidi. I like to think that if we were all spies, which of course we are not (per the contract that we signed), she would be one of our handlers.  Anyway, the email was updating us on the fact that the previous week YAGM had officially offered placements to 64 new young people to serve all over the world in the name of God.  It is the largest group of volunteers that YAGM has ever had; while a new group means that our time is quickly drawing to a close, I am excited for all those who are about to embark on this life changing experience.  Heidi, and all of our "handlers" are sending us a whole slew of information and then leaving us with something uplifting.  I would also like to point out that they always seem to include just what we need to hear... it is like they know us or something.


O Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going,
I do not see the road ahead of me,
I cannot know for certain where it will end.

Nor do I really know myself,
And that fact that I think
I am following Your will
Does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe
That the desire to please You
Does in fact please You.
And I hope I have that desire
In all that I am doing.

I hope that I will never do anything
Apart from that desire to please You.
And I know that if I do this
You will lead me by the right road,
Though I may know nothing about it.

Therefore I will trust You always
Though I may seem to be lost
And in the shadow of death.
I will not fear,
For You are ever with me,
And You will never leave me
To make my journey alone.

(Thomas Merton, Pax Christi, Benet Press, Erie, PA.)

My year of service is rapidly coming to a close.  I have moments of anticipation to be back in Springfield, sadness to leave my new home in Penn Fields, and an overwhelming nervousness concerning the fact that I do not have concrete plans for my return.  And then I receive emails like this with words that remind me to have a little patience and a strong faith that my future has been decided...it just has not been relayed to me yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment